A Brief Bio
I am currently an Assistant
Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Colgate University.
I was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of
Mathematical Sciences at Worcester
Polytechnic Institute from 2010 to 2013. I
obtained my Ph.D. in Mathematics at
My current research centers on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations,
Homogenization Theory, Mathematical Material Sciences,
"Mathematics is not a deductive science, that's a cliche. When you try to prove a theorem, you don't just list the hypotheses, and then start to reason. What you do is trial and error, experimentation, guesswork."
Recent and Upcoming Activities
- I will attend the 2016 SIAM Conference on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science and give a talk in the mini-symposium "Mathematical Modeling of Microstructured Materials". Also, together with Miao-jung Yvonne Ou (University of Delaware) and Bacim Alali (Kansas State University), we are organizing the mini-symposium "Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Nonlocal Models in Materials Science". Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. May 8-12, 2016.
- I will be attending the PIC Math Workshop, Brigham Young University, Provo Utah, May 23-26, 2016.
- I will be in Denmark June 22-July 2, Genoa, Italy July
3-9, Denmark July 10-14, and Iceland July 15-18, 2016.
- I gave a talk in the Applied
Math Seminar at Syracuse University on Nov. 17,
- Yuliya Gorb (University of Houston) and I organized the mini-symposium "Multiscale Analysis, Modeling, and Simulation for Applications in Materials Science" at the SIAM Conference on Analysis of PDEs. Scottsdale, Arizona. December 7-10, 2015.
- I visited WPI from March 13-March 16.